In today’s digitalized world where anything and anyone is going online, mobile apps are playing a vital role in every business. Once you wish to have a quick and effective connection with your users, you need to have a really good and strong mobile app. Needless to say that it should be user-friendly, eye-catchy and intuitive as for the usage.
Mobile apps are called to ease people’s lives and deliver services that are going to better their life quality.
As of the first quarter of 2019, app users could choose to download between 2.6 million Android and 2.2 million iOS apps. Here is the statistic for mobile app usage as for the same timeframe:
In fact, marketing your app can require a significant investment, both in time and money. Mobile apps are not only offering uncountable benefits but also generating millions of revenue. Due to these facts, every small and big company is integrating the mobile app technology to their business module.
That is to say, you need to really grab the attention of the smartphone generation and get them to use your mobile app. The question is: once you create your app, how do you spread the word about it? Here are some great ways to market your mobile app.
Let’s dive in!
Research your users and competitors
Firstly, an effective app marketing plan begins with understanding your users and competitors. Collecting demographic data on users helps you visualize exactly who you’re trying to reach. Each audience has different needs and usage and spending behavior. You’ll need to include all these factors in your marketing messages to gain users.
Researching the competition shows you how users interact with apps like yours and their expected behaviors. Looking at other apps and analyzing their data: this lets you position yourself against their selling points, weaknesses and relevant keywords.
Start spreading the word about your app early before launching it. Try to share as much information about it as possible: tell about it to your friends, family, colleagues, potential customers.
Often, the word of mouth can become the best marketing tool in advertising this or that app or product.
Most importantly, try to raise some intrigue around your product by posting engaging information, benefits of your product.
Create a website for your app
A website is one of the essentials of your pre-launch app marketing strategy. You expand your web presence by posting content and displaying your app to potential users.
You can use your website in the following way:
- Publish interesting blogs to engage the users
- Drive web traffic
- Boost search engine optimization (SEO)
- Place subscription pop-up which can be of great help for generating new leads by sending them valuable content in a set period of time.
- Run interactive app marketing campaigns such as giveaways, contests, or quizzes.
- Create dedicated landing pages for each marketing initiative to increase downloads
- Provide free trials for your users, which is the most important part of your marketing efforts as by free trials they can discover the benefits that your app is offering and maybe they can go with it.
Use QR codes
The world is going touchless so you need to think seriously about making your app usage as easier as you can. You need to decrease the steps that bring the customer to download your app. Make it easier for people to download your app from physical marketing materials such as flyers, posters, and business cards by using a QR code.
Minimizing the amount of effort makes it more likely that people will give it a try.
Connect with email marketing
Already having a solid database of contacts you can start to tailor marketing offers, special promos, interesting content/blogs and start to hit the customer. Don’t forget that your e-mails should be eye-catchy, comprehensive and valuable so as the users can be interested in it.
You can organize your e-mail marketing by using MailChimp: the most popular and useful tool for mass-mailing. Via MailChimp, you have also the possibility to track the performance of your campaign. You can see the open and click rates for it and see what you can improve.
Create buzz with social media/Prepare press kit/Participate in summit and expos!
Social media is an amazing place for creating hype and developing a strong community around your app.
Target your market audience, choose a few main social media platforms that your audience prefers. Then start to create accounts and to follow people within your target audience and industry. Don’t spam people by being over promotional. Instead, try to connect with your audience in a meaningful way by posting about the things they care about.
- Post frequently
- Share interesting and valuable stuff
- Implement interactive content
- Use high quality photos/videos/gifs/animations
- Use relevant hashtags
- Feature users’ reviews
The next not less important factor in marketing your app should be participation in summits/meetups/expos having your unique press kit: stickers, flyers with QR codes, pins, etc…
Reach out to influencers
An influencer endorsement will skyrocket the pre-launch hype for your app.
Influencer marketing firm Collective Bias found out that 60% of consumers are influenced by blog reviews or social media reviews.
You can reach out to tech bloggers, journalists, or industry leaders and offer them to test and publicly give a review for your product. Send them your kit with a fully structured description and some benefits for them so as they will be interested in advertising it.
Use Mobile Advertising
Once diving in marketing your app, you need to have a separate budget for your ad campaigns. Plan in advance your advertising strategy, think over your budget, tailor strong and eye-catching ad campaigns, use your target platforms for its distribution.
Use in-app, in-stream and social media advertising. From time to time refreshing your ads’ with new juicy texts, images and trying to change the appearance you are increasing the chances of its better performance.
As you can see, the sky’s the limit in terms of an app promotion. Treat it like any traditional product launch and spend time putting together a solid app user gaining strategy. Remember that the quality of your app is the key factor in your efforts, without having a strong product you can’t have a loyal army of users. Make sure that you understand your target audience, and craft your advertisements accordingly.
DID YOU LIKE THIS POST? PLEASE LIKE, SHARE AND COMMENT! ?
HERE ARE SOME TOP LATEST POSTS OF CONSTANT BLOG:
- WHAT TO EXPECT IN 2020 FOR DIGITAL MARKETING?
- Top 5 emerging technologies of 2019
- 6 Thought Leaders To Be Followed on Twitter
- 8 ways to make more use of your content ?
- 8 Tips on How to build a great software product
- How to trust an outsource company for your project
- Upcoming Biggest Tech Events in Yerevan
- 8 Simple Ways to Promote your Mobile App
- The next big thing in Digital Marketing
- “Կոնստանտ Թեքնոլոջիս”֊ ի Երևանյան նոր գրասենյակի բացումը
- Python vs. TypeScript vs. Go. Which one to choose in 2019?
- 16 Fascinating Facts You Didn’t know about Amazon (Bonus: a very Compelling Infographic)
- Artificial Intelligence/AI in Software Testing
- Why choose Laravel?
- Armenia: The Silicon Valley of ex-Soviet Union
- Software Development Trends You Can’t Miss in 2019
- 5 Facts About Software Developers